Given the exceptional circumstances due to the evolution of the Covid-19 virus outbreak, we are temporarily suspending public access to the E-Car fleet in selected locations from Wednesday 1 April 2020. This is in line with the recommendations made by the UK Government and the World Health Organization (WHO) to restrict movement in cities for the protection of peoples health. These measures are not taken lightly but are to protect our customers and our teams.
Private bookings in these selected locations starting after 11:59pm Tuesday 31 March 2020 will be cancelled by the E-Car team at no charge. You will receive a cancellation email confirming this.
As one of our valued customers, you will be the first to know when our service is available for use and we look forward to welcoming you back after this difficult period.
For locations where E-Car is still available, we would like to share with you the measures we are taking to protect your health and that of our employees.
At present, we continue to provide an ongoing service to all our customers who need us. We are reinforcing the regular cleaning of all our vehicles and ask that you follow all recommended precautions and hygiene practices. We also ask that you consider whether your travel plans are essential at this time.
– Remember to wash your hands regularly with soap and hot water, and use hand sanitiser where possible.
– Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
– Avoid close contact with those who appear unwell with flu-like symptoms.
– Always use a tissue, remembering to cover your nose and mouth when coughing and/or sneezing. A sleeve is better to use than your hands.
– If you experience any symptoms of illness, stay at home and take time off work.
– Do not put others at risk by going into public spaces.
– If you have visited any affected areas and begin to feel unwell, stay at home.
– If your symptoms are severe, phone NHS 111 for advice.
If you suspect you might be unwell, please do not book a vehicle to drive yourself to the hospital. Isolate yourself and contact 111 if symptoms are severe and cannot be managed at home.
Our booking cancellation policy allows no fees for cancellations made 24+ hours before the booking start time (or 15 minutes after the booking is made – if on the same day). For more details about modification or cancellation of your booking, please refer to the Terms & Conditions of hire here.
We will continue to review the situation and will follow up with any further measures if necessary.
Our Customer Service team will be available to answer any of your questions during this time.
Phone: 0203 603 22 59
The E-Car Team